Take your flower photography to the next level
August 26, 2017 10:00-5:00
August 27, 2017 10:00-1:00
Bear Mountain Lodge, Silver City, NM
$99.50 + 7.5% ($7.46) NM tax = $106.96
Limited to 10 attendees
The class will be a combination of technique discussion and photography in the field with Kenneth answering questions as you take photos.
Topics we will cover:
- Where and when to find flowers
- Using your camera
- Controlling the background
- Lighting flowers: natural and artificial light; modifying light(s)
- Macro tips, including focus stacking
Novice through intermediate photographers. Or, anyone who wants to have a fun trip to a great venue and go out and take beautiful flower photos.
The Bear Mountain Lodge is on the edge of the Gila National Forest and contains 178 acres with trails through forest and meadows. Weather permitting, it also has plenty of wildflowers to photograph. We will be meeting in the dining area after breakfast is complete. After initial discussion, we will head out to take photos. The second day, we will look at your favorite photos and discuss them.
- Your camera
- Tripod if you have one.
- (if you own it) supplemental lighting such as a LED array, flash, speedlight, off-camera light cables, reflector, diffuser, etc. Do not worry if you own none of this.
- Your camera manual.
- Your laptop for downloading and processing photos.
- A flash drive for giving your favorites to Kenneth to display for the group.
Come prepared to take your camera outside and take photos.
About the instructor:
Kenneth Ingham is a published and an award-winning (including 4 “Best in Show) photographer who has taught many workshops and classes. See examples of his photos the bottom of this page.
Kenneth will be staying at the lodge and encourages participants to also stay there. The lodge is already booked for August 25. You need to get your reservation made soon to ensure that you have a room! Be sure to mention the class when you register.
Food, lodging, and travel is not included.